Applications and Admission
How to Apply
Transitions RTC will start accepting clients in the first quarter of 2016 following the launch of the pilot project on Friday 26 February 2016. However, if you would like to register an interest before we open or for more information about our application process, please send us an email.
Acceptance onto the programme (admissions criteria)
Places at Transitions Residential Therapeutic Community are only given to young people or young adults, aged 16-25 years old* who:
- live in the UK, in particular London and the home-counties
- have a drug/alcohol problem and any associated addictive behaviour that they want to address
- are willing to become abstinent from the addictive behaviour at the time of admittance and throughout the programme, working towards abstinence as a lifestyle
- are keen to participate in the full holistic programme Transitions is offering
- are open to a spiritual Christian approach to recovery. You do not have to be a Christian and you will not be forced to accept the Christian faith – we simply ask that you respect Transitions’ programme including the Christian aspects/elements.
- complete any detoxification programme that is necessary prior to arrival. In some cases we may be able to arrange a supervised detox if this is needed, but otherwise detox will need to be completed first.
*Young people under the age of 16 may also be considered on a case by case basis, dependent on the prevailing legal requirements.